My 3 Forks (old Dallas restaurant) creamed corn recipe. Half is corn from my garden! You can use frozen corn too but of coarse fresh is better. I threw in a couple of bags of frozen Green Giant Honey Roasted Sweet Corn. Heavy cream, Irish butter, garlic (I added extra) and fresh thyme (I added extra)! Ready for Christmas dinner!
- 10 ears fresh corn, shucked, cooked and off-the-cob
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (I prefer 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
In large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Slowly bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for three minutes.
In a separate pan, melt butter until it begins to pop, then stir in the flour.
Add the the butter and flour mixture to the simmering corn. Stirring occasionally, allow to simmer for 3 more minutes.
Keep warm until served.
Shared by Kim Richardson Emery